Friday, November 20, 2009

War3 update from 1.21 to 1.24

Facing update problem ?
With the help of the website provided information
i am going to share at here to u guys



Fixing the ‘Warcraft III\InstallPath’ Registry Error

When I was going to patch my copy of WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne (aka WC3) this evening, an error occurred when the patch, War3TFT_121a_121b_English.exe, was executed:

Registry error loading key ‘Warcraft III\InstallPath’
The system cannot find the file specified.

The reason I got this error was that my copy of WC3 was from an external backup harddrive, meaning I hadn’t made a fresh install on the harddrive. When I tried to access the Blizzard Support, all I got was “Knowledge Base currently unavailable”. Searching for it gave moot results, such as “re-install the game” and “contact Blizzard”. With a few try-and-fail’s I got it working:

  1. Run the game and make some configurations, then exit game
  2. Run the Registry Editor: Start > Run > regedit
  3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Blizzard Entertainment > Warcraft III
  4. Right-click, choose New > String Value, call it InstallPath
  5. Right-click on InstallPath and choose Modify
  6. In Value Data, write the adress to your W3C folder, for instance E:\Games\Warcraft III\
  7. Click OK, then close Registry Editor
  8. Run patch

Note: this doesn't belongs to me, i just main for share to u guys only ^^



Link to get 1.21 to 1.24c Click this http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20130

No comments: